Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Losing gravity again!

Ok. So the first sentence you see in wiki definition of dematerialization is: "For the phenomenon resembling teleportation, see teleportation."
"Teleportation is the transfer of matter from one place to another"
Ok!
And:
"Similar is apport, an earlier word used to describe what today might be called teleportation; and bilocation, when something or someone is described as being able to occupy two places simultaneously."
hum, hum
curious!
So, back to: Melodia, Guidelines for a space propulsion device based on Heim's quantum theory.
And: the voyager golden record.
Are we all trying to get to the same point?
And then that sound experience in the science museum:
  • the vibrations travel through the metal and through the bones of your skull to your ears.
  • In your ear the sound vibrates the eardrum, then travels through the bones attached and you hear this vibration as sound.
And what about magnetic fields?
Can they be used to create our own "bubble"?


  • presume the magnetic field is constant with respect to time"


Magnetic fields the album:
File:Magnetic Fields Jarre Album.jpg

wiki: Magnetic Fields (French title: Les Chants magnétiques) is the fifth album by Jean Michel Jarre, released in 1981 on Disques Dreyfus. The album was one of the first records to use sampling as a musical element and represents a departure from the sound of Jarre's previous efforts. For this album Jarre was partly inspired by the works of Andy Warhol and a fascination with the reproducibility of digital sound.
The long first track consists of three distinct movements, the slower second movement being heavily laden with sample work, foreshadowing the sound of Jarre's 1984 album Zoolook.

The Magnetic Fields the band:
The Magnetic Fields is a band led by New York City singer-songwriter Stephin Merritt. Albums released by Merritt under the name "Magnetic Fields" often make extensive use of synthesizers underlying clever lyrics, often about love, that are by turns ironic, bitter, and humorous.
?




Is all down to love in the end!! Isn't it?


The book of love is long and boring
No one can lift the damn thing
It's full of charts and facts and figures and instructions for dancing
But I
I love it when you read to me
And you
You can read me anything
The book of love has music in it
In fact that's where music comes from
Some of it is just transcendental
Some of it is just really dumb
But I
I love it when you sing to me
And you
You can sing me anything
The book of love is long and boring
And written very long ago
It's full of flowers and heart-shaped boxes
And things we're all too young to know
But I
I love it when you give me things
And you
You ought to give me wedding rings
And I
I love it when you give me things
And you
You ought to give me wedding rings
And I
I love it when you give me things
And you
You ought to give me wedding rings
You ought to give me wedding rings
PETER GABRIEL


No comments: